Working with Szabo Design + Engineering helps our clients to:
• Perform ergonomic evaluations
• Increase safety in their processes and products
• Determine and resolve user-centered design issues
• Precisely define and respond to customer needs
• Increase customer and employee satisfaction
• Garner a stronger understanding of their users and user expectations
Human factors engineering (HFE) is the scientific study of how people interact with complex systems. HFE is part of a systems engineering process to make products, processes, and other human system interfaces more manageable and consistent with what is known about people. HFE focuses on the cognitive, psychological, psychosocial, and behavioral elements of people performing work.
Ergonomics is understood as the physical, physiological, and biological elements of people performing work. Larger psychosocial structures can also be studied for interpersonal, group, and corporate interaction, which is broadly termed as organizational culture. HFE and ergonomics should typically be considered early in the design phase and throughout the product lifecycle. With the cross-industry expertise in the areas of consumer product design, transportation, nuclear, and military, human factors and ergonomics principles were successfully integrated with multiple product lines and effectively reduced cognitive, physical, and psychological disparities through intelligent application of principles.